So we have our sights on breeding Duck Creek's Two Gun Katmai, aka Mila (pronounced My-lah) the daughter of our Ember & Paxson. For now, Mila has passed all of her preliminary health screening, so we do not expect any surprises in that department. We have spent quite a bit of one on one time with her and she could pass a Public Access Test (PAT) used on Service Dogs. She really embodies her parents with equal parts of their personalities, temperaments and conformation. In the field, Mila is a diligent worker with strong pointing and retrieving instincts, and has a soft mouth as an added bonus. She lives in Cincinnati Ohio with her Guardian where she also enjoys regular trips to local hunting preserves, markets and hanging out in dog friendly public spaces where she regularly makes new friends.
Our intent is to take her to the Netherlands in the spring of 2020 after getting her full approval from the DPCNA to be bred to a stud listed with de Vereniging. We have set our critical eye on a couple amazing boys and will begin fleshing out those details and setting the arrangements in the near future. When we have set the arrangements and our plans are approved by the DPCNA we will then post a 2020 Litter page. As you should expect, we will be actively employing Raymond H. Oppenheimer's 20 Principles(+) when making our selections. The litter will be whelped and raised here in Spokane and we have been actively screening clients for this opportunity - if you are interested, don't delay in contacting us.
Finally its Game On! Tule surprised us by coming into heat this past Monday and Powder followed suit today :) So we will be VERY busy this summer with hopefully 2 healthy litters of puppies. These due dates are approximate, but both litters should be here the first week in June. For more information, just give us a ring.
The breeding plans/litter announcement are now posted on the DPCNA main web page HERE. This is a very exciting combination and sure to produce some amazing Drents true in type, health and temperament. Mating is expected to occur in the spring of 2019 and pups, if everything goes well, should be ready to go home in late July/early August. If you have interest, please do not hesitate to reach out!
After years of searching he has been found, Joeri Jarno van Parkendijk. He has an impressive hunting games resume, a great temperament, and of course passes all DPCNA health markers with flying colors. The CoI for the paring sits right at 13.5% which is excellent. Not only is he gorgeous, he is a very nice build match for Powder. We expect pups to be intelligent, biddable, athletic, and just as good in the field as they will be in your home. We are now actively taking applications for this mating planned for early 2019.
We are actively planning a spring/summer 2019 litter. Breeding plans will be released soon, the potential list or studs has been narrowed down to two. One being a beautiful and highly decorated Dutch hunter.
Please feel free contact us with any questions you may have. To be considered for our direct mailing/waiting list, please complete and submit our application. Otherwise regular updates will be available here on the Dutch Dog blog.
Our buddy Jenna Myers has her web page up and running finally and has finally announced the planned and approved mating of her Ember and our Paxson! For more details and waiting list inquires please visit her website soonest. HERE
9 March 2017 marks day one. We expect to make the trip to Georgia over the St. Patrick's day holiday. Providing everything goes as planned we predict pups to be born on or about 20 May. Still much to happen between now and then. Our client list for this litter was re-opened last week, due to life getting the better of an inordinate number of clients we had been very excited about placing puppies with. Aside from that, we hope you enjoy this little video clip of Munson, the sire to be. He really is such a lovely Drent:
UPDATE: 27 March 2017
Progesterone levels have finally indicated the time is right. Powder is on her way to Savannah!
On 19 Decemeber 2016, we learned Meadowbrook's Munson passed his last health check, and we are clear to proceed. I was able to evaluate the litter Munson was a part of when the pups were about 5 weeks old and took a few notes. I'm a big fan of both the mother and father of the litter he is from; and know the lineage of both sides of his family tree very well, so having this workout is very exciting for us. Munson is a beautiful sweet boy who has grown to be wonderful, representative of his parents in all ways (with the mother being the primary influence) and the breed. Munson has a winning way with people and knows how to steal center stage, whether it's at the hunt club or a professional photo shoot for something other than him.
Of course Powder has passed all of her health requirements plus. She is a dynamo in the field, and a great family companion. Her heat cycles have remained pretty consistent so we are expecting a trip to Savanah Georgia in late February. But we will see what mother nature throws our way, as that will guide all of our efforts from here on out.
We will be developing a section here at Two Gun just for this litter. This planned breeding has been sanctioned by the DPCNA and official announcements have been posted on both the www.DPCNA.org and the DPCNA Facebook pages.
For more information with regard to this planned mating, please feel free to contact us.
Through some of the twists and turns life throws at us, we managed to opt out of taking advantage of Powder's spring heat cycle. We have plans for a 2017 litter, and have full intent to make that happen. Until then enjoy these two best buds enjoying some time together. As always feel free to reach out to us, we are happy to field your questions. Until next time - take care.
The short answer is yes and 2016 is looking to be a big year for us. We are working on more than providing stud service to some of the most exciting and in demand Drent puppies in North America! We anticipate having the opportunity to breed our Powder in the spring of 2016, and possibly whelping a litter for a friend, more info on this soon. For Powder's first litter, we have been working with the owners of some very nice prospective stud dogs to get them DPCNA cleared, approved and ready to go. Provided these new stud dogs get cleared, we will be the first to use these exciting new entries to the DPCNA breeding program. With that its just too early to make a clear announcement on exactly which stud we will end up using. Naturally Powder will also have to complete her own DPCNA health clearance before we will use her in our breeding program. Our questionnaire is available, and we are actively building our 2016 client list. If you can't find it, just drop us a line, we'll ensure you get a copy right away. Until next time - Brian & Nikki
Be sure to stay up to date by checking here:
Which could be the signal for any number of things. Despite the obvious that hunting season and fall is on the way, it also tells me Powder will be coming back from Bird Camp, and that he father, Booker, will be headed to Oklahoma for a time. This time to be on hand for a live mating so that time and distance will not be an impediment to the process. Hopefully this time, our friends at Gray Timber will have puppies to contend with!
Garland and I are looking to re-boot the Maddie X Booker effort for this fall. Which is very exciting as the combination should produce some really nice Drents. Like usual, I have more than one iron in the fire, and looking for a nice combination for my other boy, Paxson, and for Powder next year, if all of her health checks go to plan. Of course I'll post updates as these ideas either bear fruit, or come to pass. Otherwise I hope the start of your summer has been brilliant. I'm stuck writing papers whilst gazing out the window upon a lawn in desperate need of taming...ugh. Until next time.
Hey gang, not much to say, other than the AI appears to not have been successful despite the swimmers arriving safe and sound, with good motility, and there was well more than enough to get the job done. Maddie had an ultrasound this morning, which the reproductive specialist gave us a "negative" finding, definitely a bummer. Garland has indicated he desires to try the combination again, so the question is, do we try again this fall, or wait until the spring of 2016? If you happen have any thoughts on the matter, be sure to touch base with me.
Until then we'll keep on keepin' on
I'm just a guy suffering with an infatuation with gundogs since childhood. Forty some odd years later this is what you get.